How To Fix Windows 10 Search Bar Not Working: You can search for any files, applications, and even settings in Windows 10 using its search option by using Cortana or typing the name of the needed service. It is a simple feature that brings ease and convenience in using the Windows 10 system. However, sometimes you can end up in a situation where Windows 10 search is not working as expected.
It can be because of a recent update, temporary glitch, or some other issues with indexing. You should make sure that the problem is not with the start menu in Windows 10, but with search functionality. The solutions mentioned below solutions will help you fix the Windows search bar not working issue conveniently.
Solutions To Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working
On occasion, you can’t type in the inquiry bar in Windows 10, or Cortana search isn’t working accurately. In such cases, you can open settings, records, and applications by means of File Explorer, how to fix windows 10 search bar not working, Windows catch, or easy route keys, as another option, until you track down the perpetual fix.
1. Restart Your Computer
Restarting your framework can fix brief glitches caused in view of certain settings or applications. To restart your framework, click on the Windows button seen on the taskbar. Then, click on the Power catch and afterward on Restart.
When your framework restarts, have a go at looking for an application or setting to check if Windows 10 inquiry is fixed post restart.
2. Check For Updates
Windows updates can fix bugs in the framework. In this way, on the off chance that you face a hunting issue on account of certain bugs, you should have a go at refreshing your framework to fix it.
To refresh Windows 10, follow the means referenced beneath.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings and afterward go to Update and Security
- From the left board, go to Window Update, and afterward, in the right window, click on Check for refreshes.
In the event that there are any updates, download and introduce them. You should restart your PC to introduce the update. Subsequent to introducing another update, check if Windows 10 hunt not working issue is settled.
Also, Read: Best Free Driver Updater Tools 2021
3. Run The Troubleshooter
The investigator can fix the quest not working in Windows 10 for you rapidly. You need to run the Search and Indexing investigator to fix the pursuit box. Adhere to the guidelines referenced underneath to do it.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings, click on Update and Security and go to Troubleshoot from the left route sheet.
- In Troubleshoot, look for ‘Search and Indexing’ under ‘Find and fix different issues.’ Once discovered, click on it, trailed by ‘Run the investigator.’
- On the following window, check the checkbox close to the issues you face with Windows’ inquiry include. On the off chance that your concern isn’t recorded, you can tick on the last checkbox, saying, ‘My concern isn’t recorded previously.’
4. Restart Windows Search
You can restart Windows search effectively by finishing an undertaking in Task Manager. Follow the means referenced underneath to restart the Windows search.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab in Task Manager and quest for SearchUI.exe in the Name section.
- Once you discover SeachUI.exe, right-click on it and select End task
Presently, click on the hunt bar and check if the issue is fixed. Windows naturally restart the finished errand when you click on the pursuit bar.
5. Remove Bing From Windows Search
Eliminating Bing from Windows 10 inquiry highlight can fix the quest issue for some clients. And furthermore, there is consistently a choice to play out a Bing search utilizing your program. The Bing search is eliminated by making changes in the library, so we suggest you back up the vault prior to rolling out any improvements. When you get done with the reinforcement cycle, follow the means referenced beneath.
- Press Windows key + R to open Run, type Regedit there and click OK
- When the vault manager opens, explore the way referenced beneath.
- In the Search organizer, look for CortanaConsent in the right sheet and double tap on it when found.
- Change the Value information of CortanaConsent to 0 and snap-on OK.
- Now, right-click on the right sheet and snap-on New, trailed by DWORD (32-cycle) Value.
- When the New worth gets made, right-click on it and snap on Rename to name it as BingSearchEnabled.
- Post renaming, double-tap on it, and ensure the Value information of BingSearchEnabled is set to 0. In the event that it’s anything but 0, change it to 0 and snap-on OK.
Once finished with adjusting the vault, close it, and restart your framework. Post restart, check if Windows 10 hunt isn’t working issue is settled, and you can ordinarily play out the inquiry.
6. Disable Third-Party Antivirus
Now and then, new antivirus programming or a new update on your current antivirus programming can struggle with Windows framework records. This outcome in a portion of the Windows highlights acting unusually. You can briefly impair antivirus programming at first and afterward check if the issue is settled or not.
In the event that crippling antivirus programming fixes your pursuit bar, you can completely uninstall the current antivirus and settle on other malware remover programming viable with your framework. How to fix windows 10 search bar not working, In any case, assuming you have effectively paid for antivirus programming memberships, addressing client care can be of help.
7. Check The Windows Search Service
You can check if the inquiry administration is running or not; in some cases, the administrations are impaired by Windows in view of certain issues. In the event that the assistance isn’t running, you can run it physically.
- Open Run by squeezing Windows key + R, type services.msc there and hit Enter.
- When the Services open, look for Windows Search administration and check in the event that it shows ‘Running.’
- If it’s anything but showing Running, you can right-tap on the Windows Search administration and snap-on Start to begin the assistance.
Here you can find out the benefits of facial recognition technology can offer society, from preventing crimes and increasing safety and security to reducing unnecessary human interaction and labor. In some instances, it can even help support medical efforts.
Uninstall Recent Windows Update
On the off chance that you are confronting issues with the inquiry bar just subsequent to refreshing the Windows, then, at that point possibly the issue is with the update, or your framework isn’t viable with the new update. In such cases, you can uninstall the new updates from your framework.
- Open Settings, click on Update and Security. Then, go to Windows Update from the left board and snap-on View update history.
- On the following window, click on Uninstall refreshes, and when the Installed Updates (control board) window opens, look for the latest Microsoft refreshes. Right-click on the new update and snap-on Uninstall.
Restart your PC once and check if windows 10 pursuit isn’t working or if the issue is settled. Try not to stress over the eliminated update; it will be introduced with the following Windows update on your PC.