Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error – Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error can appear due to problems with your display driver, however, you can fix the problem simply by installing an older AMD driver.
Why atibtmon.exe Runtime Error occurs?
However several missing components may also raise this error. The Graphics card uses several protected system files to run properly. When some system-protected file goes missing, deleted, or corrupted then you may start getting several runtime errors including atibtmon.exe runtime error.
How to Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error in Windows 10?
Remove the Laptop Battery
To fix the Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error, here is a workaround for you. You can try to remove your laptop battery to circumvent this issue. Then, connect the laptop directly to the power supply.
After that, check if the issue is solved. If not, move down to the following methods.
Get the Older Version of the Display Driver
Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error may occur due to problems with your display driver. However, you can simply fix this problem by installing an old AMD driver. Before you install the older driver, you should remove the current one. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the Start menu and then select Device Manager to open it.
- Click Display Adapters to expand it. Right-click your display adapter on the list, right-click it, and select Uninstall device from the menu.
- Check Delete the driver software for this device and then click Uninstall.
- Once you remove the driver, restart your computer. The default version should be installed automatically now.
Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error – Disable Powerplay
Sometimes, Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error may occur because of the Powerplay feature in Catalyst Control Center. This feature may come into conflict with your power settings. You can simply fix this problem by disabling Powerplay in Catalyst Control Center. Here are the steps on how to do that.
Tip: After disabling the Powerplay feature, you also have to change your power settings.
- Input power settings in the Search bar and select Power & sleep settings.
- Then, click Additional power settings.
- Now, click Change advanced power settings.
- Find ATI Graphics Power Settings and expand it.
- Set both ATI Powerplay Settings to Maximum Performance and save changes.
After that, the conflict between the Powerplay feature and your power settings should be completely resolved now. Meanwhile, Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error should have disappeared.
Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error – Disable AMD External Events Service
To work properly, Windows and other apps require certain services. However, Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error may appear on your PC due to the AMD External Events service. To fix this issue, you should disable this service. The following steps will show you how to do so.
To disable unnecessary services in Windows 10 is a good way to reduce the boot time of your computer. This post tells how to disable and what to safely disable.
- Press the Win key + R key to open the Run dialog box. Next, type services. msc and click OK to open Services.
- Find AMD External Events service and double-click it to open its properties.
- Set Startup type to Disabled and click Stop under Service status to stop the service. Now, click Apply and OK.
- After disabling the AMD External Events service, check if the Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error has been solved.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Driver
This atibtmon error can be closely related to the display on your computer. And among the display errors, the most potential one is the incongruent display driver for Windows 10. No matter you feel like rolling back the graphics card driver or updating it, just try to uninstall the current one and get a new one from Device Manager.
- Navigate to Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Display adapters and then right-click the display driver to Uninstall device.
- Then in Uninstall Device window, tick the box if Delete the driver software for this device and then hit Uninstall to confirm it.
- If this way cannot help you to uninstall it, you can use it this way: uninstall the AMD graphic driver completely.
- After that, Device Manager will remove your display driver from Windows 10, such as the AMD Radeon graphics driver.
- Reinstall the graphics driver by downloading and installing it from the official site. Similarly, for AMD users, of course, navigate to the AMD site.
- Download and install AMD graphics driver on Windows 10. And here is the tutorial with pictures: manually update AMD drivers.
Now you can check if your new display driver is compatible with Windows 10. If the runtime error atibtmon.exe disappeared, maybe it is due to your matched display driver.
Change Power Plan Settings for Windows 10
Now that the Powerplay feature is one of the reasons that cause your atibtmon runtime error, as the third resort, you may as well manage to adjust the advanced power plan settings in Windows 10.
- Type in Power and sleep in the Start search box and then hit Enter to move into it.
- Then under Power & sleep, in Related settings, click Additional power settings.
- Click Change plan settings next to your power plan, here it is Balanced.
- Then hit Change advanced power settings.
- Expand ATI Graphics Power Settings and then determine set the ATI Powerplay settings as High Performance.
- At last, click Apply and OK to save changes.
In this way, the atibtmon.exe runtime error Windows 10 would be fixed. Or you can also find the atibtmon.exe stopped working vanished as well.
All in all, based on the causes of the runtime error atibtmon Windows 10, this thread helps you how to solve the atibtmon.exe issue from the perspective of the graphics driver, Powerplay settings, and Vari Bright feature adjustment. May one of them can be useful for your runtime error C:\WINDOWS\system32.
Perform a Clean Boot
Atibtmon.exe Windows 10 Runtime Error may appear because third-party applications can interfere with Windows. These applications may automatically start with Windows and then cause this problem right on startup.