Fix Snap Chat Notifications Not working– Snapchat is a mobile messaging application used to share photos, videos, text, and drawings. It’s free to download the app and free to send messages using it. It has become hugely popular in a very short space of time, especially with young people.
How to Fix Snap Chat Notifications Not Working?
1. Check Your Notification Settings
Fix Snap Chat Notifications – For Snapchat to send out notifications, it needs the proper permissions to control your device even if it is locked. If you are not receiving any notifications from the app, likely, your notification settings are not configured properly.
On Android, see the steps below on how to change your notification settings.
- First, open Snapchat from your home screen.
- Now, tap on your Profile icon, and tap the Gear icon to open Snapchat’s settings.
- Finally, tap on Notifications, and make sure that ‘Enable Notifications’ is marked checked.
If you want to control individual notifications on the app, check out Snapchat’s dedicated page about the topic to learn more.
For iOS devices, follow the steps below to enable notifications on your device.
- On your home screen, tap on Snapchat to open it.
- After that, tap on the Profile icon on Snapchat’s main page.
- Now, tap on the Gear icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Finally, tap on Notifications and make sure that Snapchat’s notification feature is enabled.
2. Fix Snap Chat Notifications – Enable Background App Refresh
Background app refresh is a feature on operating systems that allows programs and apps to check for an update while running in the background. This way, you can receive notifications from applications even if they are closed.
On Android, check out the guide below to enable background app refresh.
- First, open the Settings app from your home screen.
- Now, tap on the Accounts and Backup tab to open it.
- After that, tap on Accounts.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom, and make sure that Auto Sync Data is enabled. Do take note that the location and naming of this button may vary depending on the device you use.
For iOS devices, you can enable background app refresh by doing the following:
- On your iOS device, tap on the Settings app to open it.
- Inside Settings, tap on General.
- Finally, tap on Background App Refresh, and make sure that it is enabled.
After turning on the background app refresh, ask your friends to send you a message on Snapchat to check if you will receive a notification.
3. Clear App Cache.
One of the most effective ways to fix problematic applications is to clear their app cache. App caches are temporary data stored on your device locally, which helps applications to perform faster.
However, this data can get corrupted anytime and cause problems on the app.
- First, open Snapchat on your device.
- On Snapchat, tap on your Profile icon located at the top left corner of your display.
- Now, tap on the Settings button.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Clear Cache.
- Finally, tap on Continue (Android) or Clear All (iOS) to clear Snapchat’s cache.
After clearing the app cache, use Snapchat normally to check if notifications are now working.
4. Check and Reset Your Internet
Network problems could also be the cause of Snapchat notifications not working. Snapchat needs a decent internet connection to gather the latest data from its servers. If you are not receiving notifications, run a speed test using Fast.com on your device.
If the test results show that your network is unstable, try to restart your router to re-establish a better connection with your ISP. To do this, find your router’s power cable, and unplug it from the wall outlet. Now, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before you plug the power cable back in.
After restarting your router, run another speed test to check if it resolved the problem. However, if your network continues to run slow, contact your service provider immediately, and have them fix the issue.
5. Check Network Permissions.
Another angle to look at is your network permissions. If Snapchat doesn’t have the proper permissions to access your network, it won’t be able to refresh its data.
On Android, you can change your network permissions by doing the following:
- First, open Snapchat on your device.
- After that, tap on the Profile icon on the main screen.
- Now, tap on Settings to open it.
- Inside Settings, scroll down to the Privacy tab, and tap on Permissions.
- Finally, ensure that Snapchat is allowed to access your network.
For iOS users, follow the guide below to view your permissions settings.
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Now, tap on the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your screen.
- After that, tap on the Settings button, which has a gear icon.
- Scroll down until you see the Additional Services tab.
- Next, tap on Manage.
- Finally, tap on Permissions, and allow Snapchat to use your network.
Ask one of your friends to send you a message again to check if notifications are working now.
6. Fix Snap Chat Notifications – Reinstall Snapchat
If Snapchat is not working properly on your device, it is possible that its installation files got corrupted over an update or while in use. Whatever the case is, the easiest fix for this is to reinstall the app.
On Android, check out the guide below to reinstall Snapchat.
- First, tap and hold Snapchat on your home screen until the selection screen pops up.
- After that, tap on Uninstall to remove the app from your device.
- Finally, go to the Play Store and reinstall Snapchat.
For iOS devices, you can reinstall Snapchat by doing the following:
- On your home screen, tap and hold Snapchat until the option screen shows up.
- Now, tap on Remove App and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall Snapchat.
- Once done, launch the App Store and reinstall the app.
After reinstalling Snapchat, ask one of your friends to send you a message to check if you will receive a notification. However, if Snapchat notifications are still not working, head down below, and try the next method.
Also Read: How to Fix Something Went Wrong on Facebook?